Can it be called procrastination? I have spent 3 days to adjust the Sublime environment for Markdown and LaTex. Anyway, it’s time to keep a record of what I have learnt from it.

  1. As was depicted in the last article, I did some efforts to make the Sublime fit for markdown. However, the main problem was the blog. WordPress itself don’t support Markdown, which I install “Jetpack Markdown”—better than “WP–Markdown”, to deal with. Also, the current template, “Thought”, is not able to show “code” element in lines and looks bad after applying the Markdown plugin. So, I gonna change it…

I try changing it immediately, but other templates are more ugly… Making things even worse, something is wrong with my old lovely header.php—I lost my “daily sentence” .


  1. Deploying the Sublime for Markdown was a good starting, for getting familiar with Sublime and facing a more difficult task—Latex. It took me 2 days to make the Sublime work perfectly at Latex. The most challenging part comes from changing the build engine for LatexTools package.The difficulty lies in that the author had updated the package and disabled the old way to adjust settings. What’s more, people’s advice in the net are all about the old version. So it was on my own.

    1.To begin with, I tried adding the old codes into both new setting files and old files(‘.old’). During the attempt, I find a powerful weapon in Sublime—the ‘Ctrl+Shift+f’, which enables user to search key words in a folder! Not a surprise, it failed…

    1. In short, the solution is to add program and command control statements, namely following the instruction in author’s github.

The best writing method is to write down as soon as possible. The inspiration will fade away as time flying.


42 queries in 2.382 seconds, using 12.10MB memory